Welcome to Wallis!
Hotel Walliser Sonne is located at 1,350 meters above sea level on the edge of the authentic Swiss mountain village of Gluringen in the Canton of Wallis, near the passes Nufenen, Grimsel, Furka and Gothard.
Throughout the year you can enjoy with us the peace, space and the many possibilities that this part of Switzerland has to offer. Also when you are passing through to Italy, it is an excellent stopover.
- 100 Kilometers of cross country ski trails
- Many hiking trails directly from the hotel available during the summer and winter
- Fiesch with the World Heritage Aletsch is 11 kilometers away. This is the closest ski resort with a massive 99 Kilometers of the slopes
Hotel Walliser Sonne
We would love to host you at Walliser Sonne!
From the uniquely situated hotel you have a beautiful view over the wide, sunny valley of the young Rhône and the majestic peaks of the Galenstock and the Weisshorn.
All 27 rooms have their own toilet and shower, TV, clock radio, free WiFi and free parking at the hotel.
Overnight stay with breakfast buffet from CHF 55.00 p.p.p.n.
Check-in is from 15.00 to 20.00. Check out is from 07.30 to 10:30Availability
We offer a wide choice of 27 rooms:
- 5 single rooms
- 10 double rooms with balcony
- 4 double rooms without a balcony
- 1 triple room with balcony
- 2 triple rooms without a balcony
- 2 family rooms with balcony
- 1 family room without a balcony
From all rooms you have a beautiful panoramic view over the Gommer landscape.Rooms
Around the hotel
Sun, snowy Alpine peaks and breathtaking views. Just a few words that describe the idyllic landscape of Wallis. No wonder that Gus-born Cäsar Ritz grew into 'king of hoteliers'. Cäsar's passion for hospitality can still be felt here.
In addition, the region offers a variety of activities both in summer and in winter. Come and discover for yourself while staying at Walliser Sonne!Area